A better way to sleep
It’s estimated that over half a billion people in the world suffer from occasional or chronic sleep disorders. As noise pollution, urban crowding, economic and health anxieties, and general stress levels continue to rise, the sleep deprived often turn to many prescription or over the counter drugs for help. Hundreds of millions of dollars are spent each year by drug companies trying to persuade people to fix their sleeping problems with medicine. While some prove effective for a short time, most prescription drugs are often habit-forming and may have serious side effects—increased daytime drowsiness, rebound insomnia, memory lapses, and even hallucinations.
Now there is a better way. SOUND+SLEEP is the ideal natural drug-free solution, with scientifically engineered features that allow you to relax and replenish your mind and body—without expensive pills and negative effects of sleep medications.
The problem with sleep medication
While many people find temporary relief from prescription or over-the-counter sleeping pills or remedies, most find that their effect is reduced over time. As with any drug, prolonged use can be hazardous to your health and your safely, or the safety of others.
Sleep medications can treat the symptoms of insomnia, but don’t cure the underlying cause and can often make the problem worse. Some of the most common concerns with using an over-the-counter or prescription sleeping aid include:
- Side effects. All prescription sleeping pills have side effects, which can vary depending on the specific drug, the dosage and how long the drug lasts in your system. Drugs affect each person differently.
- Drug tolerance. Like other drugs, you may have to take more and more of the sleep aid for it to help you sleep, which in turn can lead to more side effects
- Drug dependence. You may come to rely on the medication to sleep, and will be unable to sleep or have even worse sleep without it.
- Withdrawal symptoms. If you stop the medication abruptly, you may have withdrawal symptoms, such as nausea, sweating and shaking.
- Drug interactions. If you are taking other medications, sleeping medications can interact with them. This can worsen side effects and be dangerous, especially with medications such as prescription painkillers and other sedatives.
- Rebound insomnia. If you need to stop the medication, sometimes the insomnia can become even worse than before.
- Serious health risks. Sedative-hypnotic drug products can cause severe allergic reaction, facial swelling, memory lapses, hallucinations, and complex sleep-related behaviors. These may include sleep-walking, sleep-driving and sleep-eating.
SOUND+SLEEP Adaptive Sound™ Therapy System is proven to be a safe and effective solution for your sleeping disorder. It’s time to tune out the world as you tune in to naturally deep sleep.